Friday, January 27, 2012

My girls...

A while ago I did a post that I called "Girlfriends" and it was basically a love letter to the amazing women in my life who have continued to inspire me, support me, encourage me, and who just simply allow me to be me, loving me unconditionally. If you are very lucky, you have one friend who is this figure in your life...somehow, I've been blessed with a few. 

These are the girlfriends who I know I can call, any time, and they will listen, console, support and advise...we laugh often and they allow me to be exactly who I am and bring out the best in me...I am relaxed and comfortable in their presence...conversation never seizes to stop flowing...there's rarely enough time to catch up because we can go on for day & days...we don't judge each other and we fully trust one another...our friendship is effortless...they understand me (and all of my quirky personality traits!)...we are like-minded in our values, morals yet also greatly appreciate our differences...we are simply connected and have been from the moment we met.

While I truly believe my husband is my soul-mate, I also believe that these special, inspirational, beautiful women are, too. They enrich my life, help me be the best person I can be, and I can't imagine my life without them. Each one of them is a pillar in my journey here, for which I am always grateful. As we've gotten older, some of us don't always have the opportunity to connect as often as we'd like to, but we always know that we are there for each other, and can pick up exactly where we left off.

These are the girlfriends that last a lifetime.  To my girls, love you!!!!

xoxo