Thursday, January 17, 2013

Life is only just beginning...


It's been 3 months since our sweet angel joined us into this world and our new life began.  It's unbelievable how fast time is flying now (especially since it went soooo slow during pregnancy!)...and I can honestly say I'm loving mommy-hood even more than I could have ever imagined. 

With the amazing support of my incredible hubby, endless love and care from grandparents, and our wonderful friends (many who are in the same early stages of parenthood as well), our journey has already been so beautiful and fulfilling.

Yes, being a new parent has its challenges...you're on limited hours of sleep (even though our sweet baby has slept through the night for a while now, I still can't seem to get good zzz's...I swear I sleep with one eye open!), you're constantly catering to a helpless little one and just trying your best to keep it together (sometimes I can't believe what I look like when I go out in public but I just don't have the energy or time to care anymore!).  Oh, and getting out of the house to run a simple errand - yeeeaaah, add about 45 min of prep time before you actually make it to your car.  But, even amidst countless dirty diapers, endless loads of laundry, and the fact that going to the grocery store is now a full "mission," I can't even begin to express how amazing being a parent is.  For each challenge, there are a zillion beautiful moments that make it all worth it.  

I truly believe that our life has only just begun.  The never-ending love, adventures, travel, traditions...special memories...all still lie ahead.  We are trying to dive in as gracefully as possible as we begin our new chapter full of bubbles, giggles, coos, messes, dirty diapers, spontaneous smiles and sweet snuggles, and I'm trying to hold onto each moment as they so quickly pass by.  I look at the "busier" (aka "tough") days as good learning experiences, and try to soak in every moment on the easy days...either way they are both absolutely, totally, completely, utterly wonderful.


So happy.
xoxo