Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Looking forward...

Anyone who is very close to me knows that this past year has been quite a journey.  While I have yet to write about it (because I spend so much time dealing with it every day, I am not yet ready to put its uncomfortable energy into my passion and hobby)…but I look forward to someday sharing my story of overcoming all of this, and living a long, healthful, purposeful life full of beautiful and special moments until I grow old and gray (and traveling & eating fabulous meals once again!).  

That said, I read a few quotes today that I wanted to share…written by someone who has gone through a very similar journey to me, and who has become an inspiration in my life.

"I guess you fight through the bad days to earn the best days of your life."

"Best friends are people who make your problems their problems just so you don't have to go through them alone."

"Sometimes God uses our deepest pain as the launching pad of our greatest calling…"

I trust that this last one will be very true for me…and that I will someday look back and see purpose in this long, winding journey that has often brought me to my knees, feeling helpless and confused…only to be lifted up by my dearest friends, my incredible husband and my beautiful baby girl.  They give me the strength and encouragement to get through everyday.

To my husband, my rock.  My clear, stable mind when I can't think for myself.  My everything.

To my baby girl, whose smile, laugh and beautiful personality lights up my life…you are my greatest treasure.

To my girls, you know who you are….I can never thank you enough for all you do for me. It is because of you that I can keep my head above water and see clearly through the fog of self-pity and discouragement that can often weigh me down when I'm not feeling well.  You always throw me the life raft when I need it most.

To Oma, there is no one who I would trust more with our sweet girl, and I know the joy and happiness she experiences with you is unbelievably special and priceless, and will help shape her to be the compassionate, kind, sensitive and sincere person that I already see her becoming.

To my mom, who patiently listens to me after every doctor's appointment and every challenge I face, supporting me and helping me navigate through it all; thank you.  

To my team of doctors, my naturopath and acupuncturist…I finally take comfort that I am with the right team who is doing everything they can to best support me.

While this has turned my world upside-down, the incredible support system I have around me fills me with such gratitude.  

I trust that it's experiences like this that ultimately makes life worth living…creating sincere appreciation for good health, the simple things that already meant so much to me before, and the importance of surrounding myself with people who lift me up and bring beautiful energy into my life.  For this, I am forever grateful.