Monday, March 29, 2010

Soul searching...continues...

Well, another Monday has come and gone. Once again, at sunrise I pulled myself from the comforts of my cozy sheets, barely opened my eyes, marched my way to the shower, gulped down a protein smoothie and rushed out the door...to spend the next hour on the 405 fwy and PCH, treking down for another day at the office (don't get me wrong - my office is by the beach in Newport with floor to ceiling windows and is a nice place to go to work...but it's still an office).

I am so ready for a change...but then when I really think about actually leaving the comforts of the job I know oh-so-well and the stability that it has provided for almost 6 yrs, I immediately start clinging back on to the thoughts - "It's such a risk! What am I gonna do next?! What if I fail? What if I regret my decision? What if I just end up adding more stress to my life by leaving a great job for the unknown?"

But...as I discussed with a very lovely and brave friend of mine who is currently living all of the unknowns I listed above, no great man or woman ever succeeded without taking risks. So...I guess it's just about simply doing it. Taking a leap of faith...a huge risk that may (hopefully) reap huge rewards. Passion, balance, creativity, love...and the true definition of, what I think, is "success" (refer to last post :)).


My friend and I also chatted about how almost all of our friends are going through the same thing...so is it just our generation? Are we all just selfishly soul searching without realizing how amazing we have it (great jobs, roof over our head, food on the table, etc)? Are we a generation of the-grass-is-always-greener, unrealistic people...constantly searching for the next destination without enjoying the journey?

All I know is that I have felt compelled more lately than ever before to do something. Make a difference. Take the creative path that I always thought I would, meanwhile doing my best to try and create change in a positive way. I guess I will not know what's next until I actually take a step. My toes are in...now it's just a matter of time before I really get my feet wet...

XOXO