Monday, March 22, 2010

Time Heals...

It's been a week and a half since our lives, once again, changed so much. Over many confused, heartbroken, helpless moments, we have found that time truly heals and that we can get through anything as long as we have each other. It's been only 11 days, and part of me feels like it was almost a lifetime ago...the healing process has definitely loosened the tight grip that the grief had wrapped around us, and we are slowly finding our comfortable peace again. My thoughts are not heavily overshadowed by the gloomy feelings of loss and despair, and I am now able to share my feelings without losing my breath from the overwhelming emotion of it all.

The last 6 weeks have changed us forever - as individuals and partners - and we are welcoming what the future brings with open arms. We have already learned so much, and have embraced what we believe is the complicated, yet motivating and hopefully life-changing answer to our question, "why?"

It's still a bit early for me to try and live in the moment, for I fear that I might be confronted by that dark place that trapped me only a few days ago, but I look forward to all of the beautiful, memorable and special moments that this lovely year will bring...sunrises and sunsets, visits with good friends, endless nights with Matt's arms around me, journeys abroad, and all of the simple little things that I cherish so much...

It's already been such an incredible year for us, and we look forward to all that lies ahead.

Thank you for stopping by and for sharing my journey with me.

Just a little something I wanted to share...I took this photo outside of our village house at Desa Seni in Bali 2008. I find the never-ending rice fields to be so peacefully enchanting. Wishing you a day as peaceful as this...

xoxo