Sunday, June 13, 2010

DIY therapy...

I so admire all of the uber-creative DIY brides who add their personal touch to all-things decor when it comes to their special day. As I endlessly scroll through pages of wedding blogs, there are so many inspirational ideas...it's just a matter of making time (and taking a leap of faith that, maybe, just maybe, there's a chance that I might be able to do a DIY project that actually turns out better than kindergarten art).

So...I decided to give it a try yesterday. And was surprisingly pleased with the outcome...not just creatively, but therapeutically! It was wonderful. I spent a cozy Saturday night painting 5 canvases in our wedding colors - gray, yellow and white - with little groupings of long-stemmed Billy balls. I have to say, it was one of the best Saturday nights that I've had in a while! You know you're getting older when...you enjoy being home, alone, doing DIY projects watching reruns of RHNY more than you would going out on the town. I think I might go over to Michaels today and buy more canvases...for next weekend! :)


Have a lovely week!!
xXo