Friday, August 27, 2010

Bride...

I just love this photo. I pulled it from a blog a few months ago (whoops - can't remember which one!) and put it in my "wedding inspiration" folder...and I was just flipping through all of my photos and had to stop for a moment to enjoy this one...to really take it in.


Perhaps it's just me, since I'm a soon-to-be-bride (which means I'm emotional, a bit neurotic and totally effected by all-things wedding), but this picture evokes such emotion. I find it to be utterly romantic, beautiful, peaceful...and fills me with warmth and happy feelings. A lovely bride, full of excitement and pure bliss, walking into the cozy house packed with her closest friends & family...the sweet aroma of her delicious wedding feast wafting through the air, glasses "clinking" together with endless cheers...voices full of love and laughter taking over every room while the couples' favorite songs hum in the background. Well, at least, that's what I see...

Although the setting is quite different, when I imagine our little garden wedding, I picture it to feel like this. A tad gloomy...cozy & cool...a perfect, crisp Fall day. I can even see a little dampness in the air which I would totally welcome (although if it actually rains more than a drizzle, we are going to be in a sticky situation considering most of the wedding is outside and we don't have a plan B!).

Anywho...we are officially coming up on the "countdown"...6 wks from today. A year that, in many ways has seemed so long, has also gone by so fast. It's crazy how that can be...

Happy Weekend!!!

xoxo