Monday, January 3, 2011

In Balance / Happy New Year!

Wow. 2011 is finally here. I started writing this blog with so much focus on my "big" transition and what this year would bring...and here we are. It feels good. Although, I don't think it all sunk in yet...but I'm feeling quite present lately. Perhaps that's a start.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! I was just reading a page that I had torn out of my December issue of Body & Soul magazine a few weeks ago, and I wanted to share...it's a thought-provoking exercise that I am going to sit down and do as soon as I'm done here :)

It's called The Year-End Review and B&S writes that it's an "annual tune-up when we bring awareness to our lives." Just some stuff to think about while sipping some yummy hot tea, relaxing...

The Past Year:
How have you spent your time (where do I begin!?!)? What were you grateful for (everything. this past year was an incredible one)? What were your sorrows and disappointments and how did they change you (oh geez...here comes my sob story. and yet I am so grateful for all that happened...changed me so much)? What books, films, etc moved you (hmmmm, books...well, let's move onto movies...The Grocer's Son. Best foriegn film I've ever seen and inspired so much of our honeymoon through Provence)?

The Present:
How are you different from the way you were a year ago (ah...let me count thy ways...beginning with the fact that I am starting my career all over again in an effort to find passion in what I do!)? How can you integrate the lessons of the past year (oooh, so much!)? Is there anything you're trying to force in existence right now (yes, new hardwood floors, please!)? If so, what would happen if you stopped (I'd have to settle with my current floors, which just isn't going to do! just kidding....)?

The Future:
What do you want to focus on in the coming year (being present. being happy. being grateful. being comfortable and content. being the best person i can be - for myself, my family, my friends, my community & my environment. loving what i do everyday, and doing it with good intention. making a positive difference in someone elses life.) ? If you could sum up your desires and longings in one simple statement spoken from the highest aspect of yourself, what would it be (woah, this one is gonna take some time...!)?

B&S instructs that when you are finished writing, don't look at it until next year. This is not a New Years resolution - it's an anti-resolution. We imagine we have to make things happen, but when we're clear about what we love, those opportunities come unbidden.

Ok...now time to really sit down and think about my answers to all of these inspirational and thoughtful questions....

xxo