- Blueberries (raspberries, strawberries, blackberries too!)
- Black beans
- Sweet potatoes
- Spinach (kale & other dark leafy greens)
- Dark chocolate - woo hoo!!!
In a recent issue of Men's Health, studies show that a sweet potato is actually the healthiest veggie we can eat! Even more than spinach, broccoli and brussel sprouts! And it happens to taste delicious, so I was thrilled to hear...
Oh, and one of my favorite healthy sweet treats - homemade super healthy raspberry wanna-be sorbet:
- 1 cup frozen organic raspberries, let thaw (about 1 hour - or microwave for 15 sec)
- Drizzle 1 tsp of honey once thawed
- For extra sweetness, I sometimes add 1/4 frozen banana (when ripe, I peel, wrap in tinfoil and freeze - then let defrost with raspberries when ready to eat)
Delicious!! And totally curbs the crazy sweet-tooth I have while adding super nutrition!