Saturday, May 28, 2011

Summer is here!!

One of my favorite things about the Spring & Summer season is the abundance of blossoming flowers that seem to explode with happiness, blooming everywhere...my absolute favorite being the soft & romantic petals that make up the incredible, Peonies. I stopped at Trader Joe's for my usual weekly grocery trip, excited to find that the first bunches of this make-me-so-happy flower has arrived!

Within minutes of bringing them home, trimming their stems and comfortably and carefully placing each one in a little glass vase, they gracefully opened up and smiled right back at me. In 2 days, they became twice the size that they were when I first set them on our new coffee table (love), and in 3 days they're now 4 times the size! If a flower can inspire, I think the peonies might be the Oprah of blossoms!

Day 2...








Day 3...