Monday, June 13, 2011

The Race to Save Lives...

Well, I'm doin' it. Alrighty. I've officially committed. Noooo turnin back now. For more than 10 years, I've wanted to, and now I'm finally here...training to run the Nike Women's Marathon through Team in Training, supporting the ongoing committment that the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society has toward fighting cancer.

And I couldn't be happier about. More than ever, I have found purpose in my runs...especially the long ones, when during my last couple miles, my feet are swelling, left ankle is aching, knee is starting to act up and each step forward has become a challenge. It's during this time that I embrace the discomfort, knowing it's putting me one step closer to the finish line...and one step closer to helping millions of people who have been effected by the disease.

Team in Training is an incredible fundraising organization that coaches millions of people in athletic group-training, worldwide, and has raised $2 billion in support of the LLS. They have been instrumental in providing funds that have lead to incredible advancements in cancer research that has saved countless lives...and I am honored to be a small part of such an inspirational and truly life-changing organization.

To help me reach my fundraising goal ($3200) for the Nike Women's Marathon in SF in October, and continue the efforts in the fight against cancer, please click here. Thank you so much for your generous donation...no amount is too small!

xoxo