Friday, March 22, 2013

The perfect anytime cookie...


This recipe was recently shared with me, and, with all of my experimental "healthy" baking, I couldn't believe I had never thought of this one myself.  It's perfection.  Totally, completely healthy...and equally as yummy.  You can keep it as simple as 2 ingredients, or jazz it up a bit with whatever you'd like.  And I love that they will soon be nutritious and delicious snacks for my little one...

Banana Oat Cookies

2 ripe bananas (the riper, the better!)
1 cup of oats (old fashioned - not quick cook)

Mash oats into bananas in a large bowl

*Stir in dried cranberries...or raisins...walnuts...chocolate chips...cinnamon...or anything else that sounds yummy to you!  Or just keep it really simple and stick with bananas and oats.  Either way, I promise you will like!

Bake 350 degrees for 15 min (I do about 12-13 min because I like mine a little softer).  Enjoy!!!