Monday, July 1, 2013

FEED Projects

Chances are, you've heard of FEED Projects by now and have seen their fashionable philanthropic bags & clothing around town...now available at many major retailers including Whole Foods and most recently doing a partnership withTarget (woo hoo!), as well as premium stores such as Bergdorf Goodman and Nordstrom.  

The concept is brilliant - support UNICEF and WFP (the World Food Programme's School Feeding Program) by creating fashionable pieces via fair-trade by employing the locals in poverty-stricken areas (India, Guatamala, and more), using environmentally friendly materials, and each piece sold provides a specific amount of meals or vital nutrients for the region in which they are produced.  

The products are durable, well-made and look great.  And now that I have a little one, it's important that every dollar I spend isn't wasteful...so for me, the concept of buying great fashion and doing good is worth every penny.

I just received a big package from them today - yippee!  I ordered two darling infant outfits for Elle, and two bags for myself :)  The "fish bag" (below) is the perfect size for the beach and also as another diaper bag...and the other below is a great everyday bag.  I love them both...and it's especially fabulous to know I've fed 150 people by purchasing them.  The infant apparel I bought provides 300 one-year supplies of Vitamin A for children in poverty-stricken countries - a vital, life-saving nutrient - via UNICEF.  Also, the apparel would make a GREAT baby shower or 1st birthday gift for a little one - so darling!!!