Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Bachelorette...

I'm a little fuzzy today...head is cloudy, eyes are sleepy and tummy just isn't quite right, but as I think back to what got me here, its all worth the discomfort that often comes with mixing too many glasses of champagne and vino after a long day & night out with the girls. With the wedding seemingly around the corner, it was time to celebrate my official countdown to our nuptials...starting with an afternoon at the spa, which was as relaxing as it was entertaining. Salt scrub and sauna...basically all you gotta say to get me laughing again.

After sipping too many mimosas, enjoying massages (South African??) and unwinding in the comforts of the oversized lounge chairs, we all piled into the locker room to get ready for the next half of our bachelorette celebration...dinner at Petros.

Perhaps I was pleasantly distracted by the fact that I was surrounded by some of my most favorite people in the world, but the night seemed to fly by as the food continued to appear in front of me, and the bottles of wine were neverending. I felt so incredibly blessed sitting there, knowing I was celebrating my future marriage to the man of my dreams, meanwhile endlessly laughing with a table full of my dearest friends - old and new - as we shared memories and stories and all-things that come out after wayyy too-many glasses of wine!

Although we were missing a few dear friends who couldn't make it, I had an ahhhhhmazing day and night with all of the lovely girls that I am so fortunate to have in my life. Can't wait to celebrate with everyone in October!

Time to go try and walk off the headache :)

xXo